Many Unix accounts to one samba account

William Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Jan 27 11:59:04 GMT 2000

Daniel,
If you use encrypted passwords, you can set up a script to change the
password of one of the teachers and then duplicate that encrypted
password (actually, those two encrypted passwords) in the smbpasswd file
for all 200 teachers. Let me know if this works for you.

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend sending the passwords out by e-mail
- you are going to have to encourage those teachers to be responsible
about the password in the face of maybe a student or two trying to
obtain it in order to change their attendance record, and sending it out
via e-mail sets a bad example. Just my two cents.

Good luck!

--
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst