cups, samba and print queue....

William Knox wknox at mitre.org
Tue Jan 11 11:57:51 GMT 2000

Tbsky,
What we have experienced here is that IP printing is fast enough that
the job disappears from the print queue and is spooled on the printer
before the print queue command is processed. We have two types of
printers here, IP and Appletalk (please don't ask why), and the jobs on
the Appletalk printers, for which there is a filter which takes much
longer to print, show up in the Windows print manager window. The jobs
on the IP printers don't.

--
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst