Account not authorized to log in

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Tue Feb 29 17:38:23 GMT 2000

I've been running Samba 2.0.3 on my dg/ux box for more than a year, without
any problems.  Last week, I upgraded to Win2000 Professional, and ever since
have been getting the dreaded 'Account not authorized to log in from this
station' when I double-click on the machine's icon in 'My Network Places'.

Normally, I've seen this as a password encryption problem - but I get this
before I'm even prompted for a password.  I've applied the NT4 plaintext
authentication key; no help.

There's nothing in any log - no indication that I'm getting in at all.

I haven't changed anything in the .conf file; everyone else can get in -
just not me.  Good thing I tried this on me first! <g>

Anyone seen this yet?

Thanks,

Tim Boyer
IS Manager