Log in nuisance on public share

Tim Lazaro tlazaro at drbc.state.nj.us
Fri Dec 22 14:45:33 GMT 2000

I have one directory (I call it "general") which is mapped to every
Windows95 pc. When users log in they map to their own network drive on
the Sunbox and to the general. Most users this occurs in a flash.
However, a few users (sometimes) get a "cannot connect to the general
drive do you want to reconnect on next log in"? If they reboot and try
again they will most likely connect to the general instantly.
  The general has 777 rights. And in the smb.conf file I have it listed
as follows:

    [general]
# Public Share
path = /data3/users/general
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
guest ok = yes

Any suggestions on getting rid of this nuisance?

Thanks.....    Tim Lazaro