Connection problem using win98

Luis Luis at paycom.net
Thu Dec 14 18:27:46 GMT 2000

I had the same problem when trying to connect to samba threw windows 98 machine. but I figure out what the problem was.

First I added the user name to my linux box , after that I used this command for the samba server

$smbpasswd -a (username)
$passwd (username)

after that i restarted the samba server

/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart

waited a few seconds then login and it work . try that and see if it work if not I'm sorry

here's a little artile I think that might help you with your little problem ....

http://linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-11/lw-11-samba.html