Session request failed (Called name not present) error

Jason Hill jhill at north.com
Tue Dec 12 16:05:17 GMT 2000

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

I added netbios name = LONEPEAK and tried ./smbclient -L lonepeak -I
172.16.5.6
and I still get the session request failed message.

Maybe a certain system patch breaks Samba?  If I throw Samba on my Linux
machine and configure w/a virtually identical smb.conf it works fine.  I've
never had this problem before... this one has me puzzled.

Any other suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

>I'm running Solaris 2.7 with Samba 2.0.7 and I receive the following
>message when I try to use ./smbclient -L lonepeak.
>
>session request to LONEPEAK failed (Called name not present)
>session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

[...]