Session request failed (Called name not present) error

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Tue Dec 12 08:31:33 GMT 2000

Jason,

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:37:31 -0800, Jason Hill wrote:

>I'm running Solaris 2.7 with Samba 2.0.7 and I receive the following
>message when I try to use ./smbclient -L lonepeak.
>
>session request to LONEPEAK failed (Called name not present)
>session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

[...]

>BTW, here's my smb.conf
>
>[global]
>	workgroup = tennorth
>	security = share
>	hosts allow = localhost, 127., lonepeak, 127.16.5
>	hosts deny = all

You did not configure a netbios name for that machine. What is its
hostname?

Try "netbios name = LONEPEAK".

What happens if you try "./smbclient -L lonepeak -I IP_address"?

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.