Samba and LDAP

Chris van der Merwe warpspasm at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 10:03:52 GMT 2000

Hello;

I'm using openLDAP 1.2.11 and Samba 2.1.0-prealpha on RedHat 6.1.

I have had the following problems with getting things off the ground:

When I run smbclient -U% -L localhost

I get the following preamble to the status report (which seems ok by all
accounts, well except for the preamble):

Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap suffix"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap suffix"
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap bind as"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap bind as"
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap passwd file"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap passwd file"
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap server"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap server"
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap port"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap port"

The next problem I get is with smbpasswd, when I try and run it I get:

cli_connect_serverlist: Domain password server not available.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have compiled samba with the --with-ldap option and I setup openLDAP and
the smb.conf file using the document:
Samba-PDC LDAP howto from Ignacio Coupeau

Anyone have any ideas where I could have gone wrong?

Many Thanks
  Chris