Printing problem. (nmb related??)

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Wed Aug 30 08:26:24 GMT 2000

[M. Neidorff <neidorff at bellatlantic.net>]
> I suspect that this is due to nmb (I'm not running named), but I
> don't know how to fix it.

Looks like it -- see below.  Also note that `named' (you mean a DNS
server, right?) shouldn't affect anything unless your clients are told
to expect a DNS server on a particular machine.

> (Sorry for the length of the message, but I wanted to include
> everything that might be helpful to resolving my problem)

I thought your message was rather short, actually....

> 	workgroup = JAGROUP
> 	netbios name = JAGROUP

Oh, that's not good.  You have to use two different names.  Whether or
not this is causing your main problem, it's definitely causing your
nmbd.log errors.

Peter