What features does SWAT support? (maybe bug)]

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Thu Aug 24 18:31:41 GMT 2000

Forgot to cc the list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: What features does SWAT support? (maybe bug)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:24:42 -0700
From: Herb Lewis <herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com>
To: isguest at sab.wels.net

isguest at sab.wels.net wrote:

> We're running Samba 2.0.6 on AIX 4.3.2.0
>
> Is there a home page for SWAT or somewhere else that I can look to see
> what smb.conf parameters SWAT supports?
> I prefer editing the smb.conf file with vi, but some of the
> administrators here like to use SWAT.  A while back, I put an include
> line into the smb.conf file to get around differences between our
> WinNT and Win95/98 machines.  A couple days ago, one of my colleagues
> used SWAT to make some changes, and apparently it removed the include
> line in the same way it removes comments.  This was a bad thing.
> I'd like to find out if there's other parameters this might happen
> with.  Has anyone had similar experiences?  If you have, do you know
> of a way to get around it besides not using the said parameters?
>
> Adam Miller
> adam at sab.wels.net

I created a little perl script that parses the loadparm.c file
and lists where in swat each of the options are supported. The
only 3 parameters that come up not supported in the 2.2.0
developement tree are

-valid
copy
include

I've attached the script as well so you can run it on your
own source tree if you wish as well as the full output.

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177