Passwords

Vern W Heesch vheesch at uswest.net
Sat Aug 19 17:24:01 GMT 2000

I am trying to set up a simple network between my linux machine and
win98 machine for file and print sharing. I installed samba and can see
the linux machine in win98 network neighborhood. The problem is that it
asks for a password when I try to access the linux machine from win98.
Since this is just being used at my home I was hoping to set it up to
not require a password. I can't figure out what password it's looking
for. I logged on to win98 with user id of nobody and did not enter a
password when logging on win98.
Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I
am new to linux, so if I left out information needed to help with this
problem, I apologize.