Printing to Samba 2.0.7 from Windows 2000

John Johnson ioann_j at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 20:38:04 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've recently installed LPRng 3.6.22, ifhp 3.3.19, and
Samba 2.0.7 on my FreeBSD 4.1 system. Printing works
fine from the FreeBSD machine, and I am able to access
shares via my Win2000 machine. I've configured a
[printers] section in smb.conf, and I am able to see
the LaserJet 2100 when browsing, but on installing it
I am unable to print to it. I get en error connecting
the printer message, nothing else.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Copied
below are my smb.conf and printcap settings. I've not
inlcluded ifhp.conf, lpd.conf or lpd.perms as these
are stock and have not been modified.

Please Reply to All, as I've not been receiving e-mail
from Samba or LPRng of late.

Thanks in advance,
John

Files follow:

/usr/local/etc/smb.conf
-----------------------

[global]
	workgroup = ALLIED
	netbios name = BASIL
	server string = Samba %v on (%L)

	hosts allow = 192.168.1. localhost
	hosts deny = ALL EXCEPT .private.network

	log level = 1
	log file = /var/log/samba.log.%m
	max log size = 50
	debug timestamp = Yes