Solaris upgrade (Samba panic)

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Thu Apr 20 15:20:58 GMT 2000

Jonathan wrote:
| have upgraded SAMBA 2.04 to 2.06 and server versions 2.6 to 2.7
Solaris.
| After reloading SAMBA I get an internal error in my logs and users
an not
| connect even though it shows up in the network. Below is the error
in the
| log

That's a failure in
---
BOOL attempt_netbios_session_request(struct cli_state *cli, char
*srchost, char *desthost, struct in_addr *pdest_ip) {
---

The line number points to the DEBUG statement in:
----
  if (!nmb_name_equal(&called, &smbservername) ||
        !cli_initialise(cli) ||
        !cli_connect(cli, desthost, pdest_ip) ||
        !cli_session_request(cli, &calling, &called)) {
          DEBUG(0,("attempt_netbios_session_request: %s rejected the
session.
Error was : %s.\n", desthost, cli_errstr(cli)));
          cli_shutdown(cli);
          return False;
---

I'd get a new copy of Samba 2.0.6 for Solaris 7, optionally
a binary copy, and give it a try and see if the problem
immediuately disappears.

If not, we'll need to run with high log levels, and know what the
client was doing at the time.

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com