domain logins for NT Workstation in 2.0.7?

Charles Lewis lewisc at delta.swau.edu
Tue Apr 18 20:03:38 GMT 2000

Was having problems getting NT Workstation to see the samba server
as the PDC and do domain logins (Win9x does just fine). Then found
this comment in Sam's Teach Yourself Samba in 24 hours with regard
to configuring a samba PDC:

"You need to configure the server to be in user-level security and you
must enable password encryption. There is no way around either of
these settings."

The problem is that we have security = server without encryption. Does
this truly mean that we cannot do domain logins with NT Workstation?
Anyone know if this will be possible in 2.0.7?

Charles Lewis, Director of Adminstrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX 76059
(817) 556-4720 - phone     (360) 397-7952 - fax
lewisc at delta.swau.edu