Problem with samba 2.06 printing

Steven Li stevenli at lucent.com
Tue Apr 4 16:01:27 GMT 2000

Hi,

    I have recently installed a fresh copy of samba 2.06 on a SUN
solaris 2.6 server. I am having problems with printing issue.  Windows
95 users just can receive the cover page only but not the content of the
file.  When I kill the samba process and restarted it.  It will print
out OK for the first two users.  Then it prints cover page only.  I also
have an issue with user who has a different user id between nis server
and windows NT.  I put the userid in the username map file.  When the
users map a drive to their home directories, it asks for the password.
After they type in their unix password, it said the password is
incorrect even if the user type it in correctly.  I have attached the
samba smb.conf.  I would appreciate any input to the above issues.
Thanks.

[global]
   printing = SYSV
   load printers = yes
   guest account = nobody
   username map = /opt/samba/lib/username.map
   lock directory = /opt/samba/var/locks
   printcap file = /etc/printers.conf

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories