redhat->nt printing problem after samba upgrade

Dan Stromberg strombrg at nis.acs.uci.edu
Fri Sep 24 18:08:37 GMT 1999

I've previously had a non-existent smb.conf on this machine, when things
were working with 1.9.x. It isn't a samba server, it just uses smbclient
to print.

2.0.5a insisted on having an smb.conf, so I touched it, but as you know,
this didn't work.

line:

---------------------
security = share

When I run the print filter, I still get:

symba-root) date | /tmp/lwp600-filter
Added interface ip=128.200.47.45 bcast=128.200.47.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to LANA.PS.UCI.EDU failed
session request to *SMBSERVER failed
symba-root)

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Gerald.

Any other ideas, folks?