Race Condition cont'd

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Sep 23 17:36:51 GMT 1999

William Jojo wrote:

> I indicated yesterday that a race condition appeared to be happening. I later
> remembered that I turned on level2 oplocks on two read only shares as the last
> tunings we did before this began to happen. I got the info from the Speed.txt
> document in hopes of increasing performance on our read only shares.
>
> After turning this feature off, it appears the problem has gone away.

Unfortunately the levelII oplock implementation in 2.0.5a
has a logic bug in that it frees a semaphore twice. This
is why I'm glad Andrew persuaded me to have the feature
default to "off" in 2.0.5a :-).

I have a fix which will be in 2.0.6, please ask if you
need me to dig out the code changes for 2.0.5a.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.