paradox db and samba

Chris Kim cdkim at cfxc.com
Tue Sep 14 12:54:03 GMT 1999

I have looked in the archives and seen several posts relating to the BDE
and samba but none of the answers seem to help.  Basically the issue is
interoperability with the BDE and SAMBA. I have tried basically all of
the locking settings within the share and it seems that setting
locking=no/false and oplocks=yes/true is the only way to get the
database to share. The problem is none of the record locking features of
the BDE works.  The netdir in the BDE is correct (set by app), and I am
pullling out my hair trying to  figure it out.  Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Chris Kim
cdkim at cfxc.com