Mac and Dave Client

Rick Knebel rknebel at uplink.net
Sun Sep 12 12:44:11 GMT 1999

Hi,m
I am trying to use samba to mount my drives on my win 98 machine and mac
+machine.
I haave been successful with win but not with mac.
I am using the dave client on the MAC.

I can see my linux box great on the Win98 machine and Mac Machine.
I just cannot see the mac machine on the linux machine.

When I look in the folder after I mount them there is nothing there.
If I use smbclient I can browse the mac hardrive though.

My commands I am using are

/usr/bin/smbmount //sknebel/Mac sknebel -c 'mount
home/samba/Mac'
/usr/bin/smbmount //aknebel/c ann -c 'mount /home/samba/winC'
/usr/bin/smbmount //aknebel/e ann -c 'mount /home/samba/winE'
/usr/bin/smbmount //aknebel/d ann -c 'mount /home/samba/winD'

my df command shows

/dev/sda1              1981000    697213   1181375  37% /
/dev/sda3              6411741     22527   6057071   0% /home
//SKNEBEL/MACINTOSHHD
                       2097060         0   2097060   0% /home/samba/Mac
//AKNEBEL/C            3162880    720448   2442432  23% /home/samba/winC
//AKNEBEL/E            2084320    273216   1811104  13% /home/samba/winE
//AKNEBEL/D            2084320    453856   1630464  22% /home/samba/winD

I have tried using the patch for dave and still no success.
I will attach my smb.conf file.

When I click on my Mac directory in Linux I can hear the harddrive move on
my Mac box, it just does not display anything. like it is not seeing any
of the files or folders.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Rick