Cannot map HOME directory on 2nd Win95 machine

Arun Khan arunk at xnet.com
Wed Sep 8 17:04:12 GMT 1999

I have Samba 2.0.5a running on SuSE 6.1 Linux and have exported the HOME
directories.  I have 2 Win95 OSr2 nodes on the same network
(192.168.11.0).   One is a desktop and the other a laptop.

On both Win95 machines, I have mapped N:  to the samba share and to
autmatically reconnect when the system is booted.  I login in to each
Win95 machine with same <username> and <passwd>  that match with a
userid on the Linux machine.

On the desktop, when it is booted; N: is reconnected to the <user> HOME
directory and I am able to read/write to it.

On the laptop, when it is booted; N: is reconnected to the <user> HOME
directory (it shows up under Network Neighborhood).

However, when I click on Drive N: I get error dialog box "N:\ is not
accessbile The specified network password is not correct"  BUT when I go
down to Network Neighborhood, I see the Samba server and in the
directory tree I am able to browse the <user> HOME directory and I am
able to read/write to it!!  Also, if I manually disconnect the mapping
N: and then remap it manually (w/o having rebooted the Win95 machine), I
am able to make the connection and browse the HOME directroy and
read/write to it!

I'd appreciate any insight into this weird behavior on the laptop
machine.

Thanks.

-- Arun Khan