LP print service stalls

cbrink cbrink at allsportssupply.com
Tue Sep 7 15:36:45 GMT 1999

This is a limitation of the JetDirect card. A JetDirect card can only handle
one  session at a time (1 printjob, 1 lpstat). Sounds like your printer
subsystem is not handling the timeout correctly. I would look into that. You
can call HP's Tech Support they are very helpful on these problems.

Hi All,

When our server receives simultaneous print jobs from 2 or more clients, the
print service stalls and I have to manually restart it (lpsched).
I am running Samba 2.0.4b under Solaris 2.5.1 on a SPARC 20 and I'm using
system V printing.  The printers are connected to the ethernet using HP
Jetdirect cards and administered by jetadmin on the Sun box.
Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the relevant smb.conf info:

[global]
 workgroup = GROUP