smbd timed out kills WinNT application

Peter Wurmsdobler peterw at cetehor.com
Fri Sep 3 08:57:35 GMT 1999

Hi,

Probably this problem is known and has already been discussed
in this group, but I did not find any hints in the archive nor
in the package description.

On a PII/400/256MB RAM I am running SuSE 5.3 with smbd 2.0.2.
Unfortunately, sometimes the WinNT client seems to loose its
connection which crashes a WinNT application (SolidWorks) if
the latter wants to save a project. (This happened 8 times
in 6 month). At this time, the log.smb says:
[1999/09/03 07:47:28, 0] smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(742)
  oplock_break: receive_smb timed out after 30 seconds.
  oplock_break failed for file engrenage/eng_dev/eng_2C.SLDPRT (dev =
309, inode = 40964).

Thus, I played a little with the "keep alive" option in
smb.conf, but nothing changes. Which value has to be set
in order to avoid this type of error? Or is it just another
problem or parameter to configure?

peterw
--
Dr. Peter Wurmsdobler

      CTM - Centre de Transfert des Microtechniques
39, av. de l'Observatoire, BP-1445, 25007 Besancon CEDEX 3
TELEPHONE: +33 3 81 47 70 20  TELECOPIE: +33 3 81 47 70 21
                E-mail: peterw at cetehor.com

                  Ceterum censeo MIRCOSOFTem esse delendam.