ACL support on Linux

Langas, Michael E michael.e.langas at lmco.com
Wed Sep 1 22:25:29 GMT 1999

Since Linux supports NTFS, can SAMBA be set up on a Linux box to
preserve and use the ACL information in the NTFS.?

 I have a basic understanding of how samba handles this sort of thing
on a Unix file system, but it seems  that samba wouldn't need to do any
emulating at all if the Server it runs on actually supports NTFS.

Admittedly, I am not a SAMBA or Linux expert, so I probably have an overly
simplistic view on how this all works.  Any explanation on this topic would
be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Langas