Conenction failed?

Michael McGlothlin michael at wc.stephens.edu
Fri Oct 29 20:37:15 GMT 1999

# smbclient -L L185-SEA219-S03 -N

Added interface ip=204.185.32.79 bcast=204.185.32.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Connection to L185-SEA219-S03 failed

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it? I can't see two of my
workgroups at all and when I try to look at the machines on them by showing the
master listed when I display my own machine it doesn't work. It turns out the
two biggest workgroups are the ones that don't work.

All the machines can see the files I put in my share on this machine so
shouldn't I be able to see them back? :(

Also how do I use a printer that is set up over the Windows network to only let
certain users print (I am one. Works fine from Windows.)?

Last is there a way to turn on auto-mounting of all usable shares?

If you could cc me responses directly it'd be appreciated. :)