serial connection over modem

elna elna at pop3.main-kinzig.net
Fri Oct 29 11:17:52 GMT 1999

Hi Samba-folks,

can anyone help me to find a solution for my problem ?

I want to dial from a Windows98SE-Workstation (Laptop) with modems over
a public telephone line to my Samba-box (Suse-Linux 6.2   2.2.10). On
the server I have MS-DOS programs and date files. I am running Samba
Ver. 2.0.5a . I would like to use TCP/IP as protocol, but dont know how
to configure that connection. Has anyone tried this before, or does
anyone know where to find docs about this project ?

Thanks in advance,     Michael F. Merkens