REPEAT: hasn't anyone used smbclient linux->linux?

Paul L. Lussier plussier at ne.arris-i.com
Wed Oct 20 19:14:01 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:45:51 +1000
Giulio Orsero said:

>On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 03:21:10 +1000, hai scritto:
>
>>I cannot get smbclient or smbmount to work from linux -> linux. I'm running
>>2.05a on Red Hat 6.x servers. I can use NT shares from linux. I can use
>>samba shares from NT & 95. Is there some trick to getting this to work
>>between linux machines?

Why would you *want* to use smbclient or smbmount between 2 Linux systems?
NFS is much faster and a better protocol over-all.  It's also much easier to
deal with, since NFS is something that's been around in the Unix world for 20
years or so.
--

Seeya,
Paul