Can't even connect to my server via ping/http/telnet

kenneth topp caught at prodigy.net
Sun Oct 17 00:41:25 GMT 1999

Scott,

This isn't as yet a samba issue.  It would appear to be a misconfiguration
of windows98.

If you are able to connect remotely via ppp with linux (did you attempt
to connect using smbclient?) and you cannot with windows98, that would
seem to put the problem on windows98 shoulders.  And if in particular you
cannot telnet/ping/web browse, I would look at a tcp/ip problem.

Kenneth