Not authorized to login from this station

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Oct 15 15:09:52 GMT 1999

Hi,
Can any point me in the right direction to solve this one?

I get a: "this account is not authorized to login from  this station"
message when I try to "Map Network Drive" from  NT4server SP4 to
my RH Linux 6.0 Samba 2.0.3, yet I can open a  telnet session
from the NT machine to Linux using this user, and,  in a linux
xterm window I can list the samba services using
smbclient -L localhost -U user%password
I am also able to mount a NT4 share on a linux mountpoint, so it
works the other way round.

TIA,
Zoltan.

==========================|=================
Zoltan Szecsei                               |
Geograph (Pty) Ltd                         |     SnailMail:
9 Maritz Street                               |         P.O. Box 1031
Bellville                                          |         Sanlamhof
Western Cape                                |         7532
South Africa.                                  |         South Africa.
Tel:    +27-21-9493711                    |
Fax:   +27-21-9493811                    |
Cell:   +27-83-6004028                    |
email:  zoltans at geograph.co.za      |