Print Queue not showing on NT clients

Brian J. buzzringer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 20:35:50 GMT 1999

I'm serving approx. 60 NT(sp5) machines with a debian
2.1 linux machine running LPRng 3.5.1, samba 2.0.5a.
All printing functions seem to work perfectly on the
linux server, I can send print jobs, view the queue
and remove print jobs.  sending print jobs from
clients also works fine, however the print jobs that
are in the queue do not show up in the NT printer
windows.  I would like users to be able to remove
their jobs from the queue without having to login to
the server.  my printing section is as follows:

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/public
   browseable = yes
   printable = yes
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

all the print commands I have set work from the
command line on the server.  Am I missing something or
are there any know problems with sp5 and samba?  any
help would be appreciated.