Clearcase and Samba.

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Oct 7 17:34:55 GMT 1999

One of the benefits of living in Silicon Valley is the
SVLUG Linux users group. You meet the most interesting
people there :-).

I met someone from Rational software who has the ability
to contact the product manager for Clearcase. I told him about
the number of Clearcase customers who would like Rational to
support Clearcase running against a Samba fileserver (as
they've asked the Samba Team many times over the years if
we can make this work :-).

He proposed that I send him a list of such customers
and he will try and advocate Rational working with
the Samba Team to validate a particular Samba release
with Clearcase.

So I'm asking for people who are running Clearcase with
Samba, or would like to do so, to send me your details
so I can forward them on.

Please note as I'm trying to get a business justification
done here, you should be an existing Clearcase customer,
and extra reasons why it makes sense for your business
to use Clearcase with Samba wouldn't hurt either :-).

Please send responses directly to me and I'll send them
on.

Thanks,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.