Port Forward Sendmail

Ethan Vaughn vaughne at home.com
Tue Nov 30 18:57:37 GMT 1999

What an adventure.

If anyone has ever port forwarded sendmail, I'd love to hear from you.

I've got a gateway/firewall server masquerading an internal subnet (both
RedHat 6.0). I've just installed a Samba file server and moved the mail
service to it (192.168.1.1) and port forwarded port 25 from the
gateway/firewall machine (192.168.1.2). It seems to be working ..but not
quite:

My account has a .forward and email *will* go through the gw to the
e-mail server and get forwarded appropriately on that account. However,
users that don't have the .forward aren't getting any external e-mail at
all. But I'm not getting bounced or reject messages either. It's like
the messages are just getting sucked into the bit void.

Sendmail is not running on the gw machine. I've walked through the
resolv.conf, sendmail.cw, hosts, etc. What have I missed? Hints? Ideas?

My ipmasqadm goes like this:
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -f
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $ExternalIP 25 -R 192.168.1.1 25

Thanks in advance.

Ethan Vaughn
vaughne at home.com