[SAMBA] samba and dual homed machines

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Fri May 28 15:01:41 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm trying to install an ATM network that will contain my
NT clients and UNIX servers. When I do tests with FTP between
NT and UNIX over ATM the results show a big improvement.  However,
once I start using samba performance goes down like a rock.
It turns out that when using samba.  The traffic from NT to
UNIX will go over ATM, while the traffic from UNIX to NT still
goes over Ethernet.  No matter what I do I can't convince samba
to use ATM.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/DNSE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com