Time/Date

Selick, Matthew Matt at Selick.com
Fri May 28 14:11:37 GMT 1999

Samba version 2.0.4b seems to put strange time/date stamps on files. I can't
figure out what it is doing. When I modify a file on Unix from notepad on
NT, it puts the time from several minutes ago on the file. I use NTP to
synchronize the times on NT and Unix and that works fine. They are
synchronized. Also, it updates all three dates/times when I just access and
don't modify the file. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Matthew G. Selick
UNIX/NT System Administrator
ITT Avionics
Matt at Selick.com <mailto:Matt at Selick.com>
 (973) 284-4744