Sessions that don't die

Tony House tonyh at menzies.su.edu.au
Thu May 27 03:24:09 GMT 1999

Hello People.

I have encountered an interesting problem over the last several weeks.  We
run Samba 2.0.2 on a Sun sparc machine running Solaris 2.7 connected to
PCs all running Windows 95.  Occasionally, after a PC is shut down, a
Samba process will persist on the Sun.  That process will be using copious
amounts of the available cpu - one was using 98%.  This process will
persist for many hours.  For the ones I have noticed I have had to use the
"kill" command.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Can someone give me some pointers on what I might do to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Tony House