User Mode Problem in 2.0.2

Joel jwknight at cyberlink.bc.ca
Tue May 25 01:03:50 GMT 1999

Are you using your samba server as the Primary Domain Controller on your
network? If you are, this is right out of the NT Domain FAQ on samba.org:

The following is a list of included currently features:
<snip>
     * Windows 95 clients will allow "user level" security to be set but
       will not currently allow browsing of accounts.

If you are not using your samba server as the PDC then that error you are
getting is to be expected.

Check this out for more info:
http://ca.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page1.html

Good luck! :o)

--

 Joel Knight
 jwknight at NOSPAMMIES-cyberlink.bc.ca

 KeyID 2048/38C24864
 Fingerprint 6D7D 1E4F 728B ACDA 6557  F3EC 85BB BA7C 38C2 4864