SWAT managing Netbios Aliases - Is it possible?

Dave Dave.Burwell at symmetricom.com
Fri May 21 16:27:24 GMT 1999

  Just loaded 2.0.4b on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine. Seems to be a step up from
the 1.9.18p7 that I am running in production.
  The SWAT looks nice, but I can't seem to use it to manage the NetBIOS
aliases that I have setup.
  I this even possible with SWAT?
  How?

  EG:
         UNIX machine name = enterprise
         NetBIOS alias is = constellation

  The /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf has a netbios aliases = constellation
and include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L and NO shares or printers
defined. Then there is a /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.constellation file
that contains shares and printers that are unique to \\constellation .
  The machine enterprise has a FQDN, but there is no FQDN for
constellation. The NetBIOS names enterprise AND constellation DO show up on
the WINS server and I CAN see all of the shares and printers in
\\constellation. Pretty standard so far.
  If I "point" my browser at enterprise - I get the
/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf file, which of course, has no shares or
printers. If I "point" my browser at constellation, I get a DNS lookup
error (of course), because there is no FQDN.
  I want to be able to manage the smb.conf.%L file using SWAT.
  Is it possible?
  What do I need to change?