Greetings - Samba Help

Cityboy cityboy at itw.com
Fri Mar 19 06:59:56 GMT 1999

New to this list, also new to linux.

I wanted to elarn how to link my Windows 98 machine to my lInux box via
ethernet so I can easily share files printers and other resources.

I read all texts and howtos I could.

Sometimes linux appears in the network neighborhood and sometimes it does
not.

I hope someone can help me or direct me where I can join a forum for help.
As I can no longer continue with the documentations I have read, I am
assured I have something mis configured, but being new, I have yet to figure
it all out.

At once I had it working fine, once I rebooted win98 I coul no longer access
the linux machine, I can access win 98 from linux although.

Info: Slackware 3.6 linux kernel 2.0.36

Will include configs for inet1 and smb.conf.

Thanks for your time and assistance.