Samba 2.0.3 with NT PDC as password server

Stephane Fromholtz Stephane.Fromholtz at dynamit-nobel.fr
Wed Mar 17 14:51:22 GMT 1999

Hie all,

I've got a Linux box set up as file server with Samba 2.0.3 and Kernel
2.2.2. The Linux box successfully joined the domain of the NT 4 PDC.

I set in the smb.conf security=server, in order to make my NT PDC
checking all passwords and users access. But what should I do on my
Linux box to make samba know that user bob on Linux is user BobThomas
on NT ?

Well, do I have to create 1 linux user account / NT User ?
I want to create shares per user (/home/username). At the moment I have
all my shares listed in the Network Neighbourhood, but I want that each user
can only enter in his/her personal folder. What owner/groups should I use
for the files on the disk /home/... ?

Help please !

Stephane Fromholtz