testparm error in HPUX10.20 w/ smb 2.0.0

ROB MCDOUGALD RMCDOUGALD at OPENGOVT.OPEN.ORG
Tue Mar 16 01:20:54 GMT 1999

Hello and thanks in advance for any tips or help.

I just finished loading the binaries and installing samba 2.0.0 for
HPUX10.20 using SAM.  This is my second installation of samba on this
machine.  I reused my old smb.conf file with little or no changes.  (ok I
had to retype it from an older version because my machine died and
HP10.20 can't recover 10.0x version multiple tape backups, but I really
can't find any changes in my new version).

When I run the testparms program I get the following results ....
"# ./testparm -s
Load smb config files from /opt/samba/lib/smb.conf
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: vsnprintf (code)  from ./testparm
Abort(coredump)"

I've searched the smb documents, man files and every smb site I can
find.  I can't find any reference or even a list of potential testparm errors.
I have the "book" on order and being delivered via next day air.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea what to do?  I'm ready to begin
some pagan ritual sacrifice to save my machine.  Thanks again.
Rob

Rob McDougald,   Technical Services Coordinator
Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments
105 High Street, SE 		E-mail: rmcdougald at open.org
Salem, OR 97301