dailin access to shares

Jake Kuntz jake at underworld.net
Sat Mar 13 16:56:23 GMT 1999

perhaps you could put up another machine on your network, one who's only
purpose is to work as a dialup server. the windows client establishes a
connection to the 2nd machine and becomes part of the network. at this
point, the windows machine's requests will appear to the samba server to
have come from ethernet, rather than ppp. this second machine need not be
anything special. a p100 with a fair amount of ram and *maybe* 200mb hard
drive space will more than suffice.

.                         jake kuntz : Megabite Systems                    .
.          www.underworld.net/~jake/ : http://www.megabite.net/            .
.  natural selection's gonna get you : making technology work since 1984   .