two network cards

robert robert at mhi-tx.com
Fri Mar 12 19:12:09 GMT 1999

hello, I am wondering if there is an advantage to running two network
cards on the same network (physical and logical).
It seems to me that 2 10mbs cards will be able to get 2x the information
to the machine in the same time. This would show an improvement if the
processor,disk,io devices etc were having to wait on the network
connection (ie the network is the bottleneck).  IS THIS TRUE? or am i
just being nieve.
any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
I am just trying to get even better performance from my samba server.
robert
ps please email direct as I am not currently subscribed to the list.
thanks.