SAMBA digest 2009: NT Workstation "Default" Username and Password

Sigmund Skjelnes sskjelln at online.no
Sun Mar 7 22:44:29 GMT 1999

Hi!
This is because NT and Samba don't understand each others encryption, plain
password must be used. The NT service pack 3 makes an change in the system,
so encrypted passwors are always tried first. To make it use plain
passwords at all, a registry edition is required. Hence you get it thorugh
on the second attempt, this is done on your NT. It seems not possible to
make NT and Samba talk the same language on encrypted passwords, maybe
someone out there have an solution?

Best regards, Sigmund.