configure and compile errors under HPUX9.04 with samba 2.03

Steve Grose sgrose at cmps.com
Fri Mar 5 17:09:22 GMT 1999

Hello Everyone,

I am using an HP9000 with HPUX 9.04D with gcc 2.8.1. When running configure
for samba 2.03 I receive the following error:

checking statvfs function (SVR4)... no
checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX, 4.3BSD)...
yes
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
configure OK

./configure: sh internal 2K buffer overflow

updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating include/stamp-h
creating Makefile
creating include/config.h

When compiling I receive these errors:

Compiling lib/system.c
lib/system.c: In function `sys_select':
lib/system.c:134: warning: passing arg 2 of `select' from incompatible
pointer type C

Compiling rpcclient/cmd_srvsvc.c
as: /usr/tmp/cca10599.s @line#491 [err#13]
  (warning) Use of GR3 when frame>=8192 may cause conflict
as: /usr/tmp/cca10599.s @line#726 [err#13]
  (warning) Use of GR3 when frame>=8192 may cause conflict
as: /usr/tmp/cca10599.s @line#938 [err#13]
  (warning) Use of GR3 when frame>=8192 may cause conflict
as: /usr/tmp/cca10599.s @line#1175 [err#13]
  (warning) Use of GR3 when frame>=8192 may cause conflict

Samba seems to work correctly,  just wonder if I should worry, or the code
needs to be modified.

Thanks!
Steve Grose
Sgrose at cmps.com
Continental Managed Pharmacy Services - www.mimhp.com
Voice - 216-459-2025 Ext. 208
Fax    - 216-485-8615

Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers.