'_'s in service name

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at lucent.com
Mon Mar 1 10:51:38 GMT 1999

Hi,

Using the example in the manual, I have a default service setup which
uses any left over unrecognised service names to select a default path.
e.g:

[default]
   path = /default/dir/%S

However this fails if I try to connect to a service such as my_dir,
because SAMBA translates the '_' into a '/'. path then becomes
/default/dir/my/dir not /default/dir/my_dir as intended.

I realise this feature has it uses, but can I disable it somehow if I
need to? If not, how about a new % substitution which doesn't translate
the '_'s? So far I have had to hack each new release to remove the
translation feature :-)

Thanks,
--
   _  _______  __ __   Nick Thompson          | Lucent Technologies
  / \/ / / __\/ // /\  Lucent Technologies    | (Bell Labs Innovations)
 /    / / /__/ _  / /  Microelectronics House | nickthompson at lucent.com
/_/\_/_/____/_/\\_\/   Kings Ride, Ascot      | Tel: +44 1344 865951
\_\/\\_\____\_\/ \_\   Berkshire SL5 8AD      | Fax: +44 1344 865959