STATUS..LCK

Heinz Christian Christian.Heinz at nbg9.siemens.de
Wed Jun 23 20:37:14 GMT 1999

> ----------

Maybe there´s another reason for the mentioned "error".
Locking and locking-reporting via smbstatus worked fine on all but a few machine here.
After some investigation we found that on the faulty machines, samba used /var/lock and not /var/lock/samba as on the other machines.
I put "error" in quotes above because samba itself worked always fine - only smbstatus didn´t report anything.

Now we have a "lock directory = /var/lock/samba" statement in all of our smb.conf´s ;-)