dropped network drive

Jean Henchey jeannie at mitre.org
Tue Jun 22 15:36:35 GMT 1999

I'm running samba 2.0.0 (yeah, I should upgrade..) on solaris 2.6.  I
have about 30+ NT/win95 boxes connected simultaneously to 1 share.  They
authenticate through a PDC or BDC.  Here's the problem.  Periodically,
samba seems to forget who the users are.  The users will all appear as
"nobody" with read-only permissions on this mapped drive.  (I don't see
any particular errors in the logfile.)  Is this a problem with 2.0.0 or
is it likely that I misconfigured samba?

Jean