SAMBA partial digest 2125

Olof Liungman olli at oce.gu.se
Thu Jun 10 13:50:48 GMT 1999

Hi!

I have just installed Samba 2.0.0 on a Sun server running Solaris 2.6.
Everything works fine on the server, but not when I try to connect from a PC
running Win98. I foloowed the steps in "Diagnosis.txt" and everything is fine
until I try Test 8, namely to run the command "net view \\servername" on the PC
client. I then get a wrong password error ("Error 86"). I've double-checked that
I log in to Windows using the same username and password as I have on the Unix
server. I've also removed the any lines in smb.conf relating to "hosts allow",
"hosts deny" and "valid users". I'm using a simple, stripped version of
smb.conf. The PC has the swedish version of Win98 but neither my username nor my
password have any language-specific characters in them. So, any ideas of where I
should start looking? The only thing that worries me a bit is that I cannot find
nmb.log...

Regards,

Olof

   Olof Liungman