Can't load multiple printers and other problems

Fernando Paredes fparedes at servidor.videonet.com.mx
Wed Jun 9 16:17:41 GMT 1999

Hi

I'm having a strange problem with samba 2.0.4:
I had samba version 1.9.something (installed with redhat 5.1) and I didn't have any problems sharing several printers (it loaded the printers from printcap without problems) but when I installed version 2.0, I can no longer do this. It only reads the first entry in my printcap and ignores the rest. My printcap settings are correct (load printers = yes; printcap = /etc/printcap)

Second strange problem:

While Windows 95/98 machines can browse all of my shares (a vfat directory mounted on /mnt/win/download and a linux directory in /download), there are two NT 4.0 boxes which can't read the linux directory. The message NT gives is "Can't find network name"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fernado Paredes
SE for Sun Products,