Win98 : passwd change fail / where is mksmbpasswd.sh ?

bat-dan at ifrance.com bat-dan at ifrance.com
Wed Jun 9 14:01:43 GMT 1999

  I 'm currently running a SUN SparcStation with
Solaris 2.7 and Samba 2.0.3
  Samba runs as domain master and i got security=user
and i enabled plain text password on PCs but those
Win98 boxes are unable to change their password (
password fail)
  So i want to try with encrypted password but i
can't find mksmbpasswd.sh.
 Can anyone tell me where to find it ( NOT in source
please, i tried unsucessfuly), or send it to me ?
 Or does anyone know how to change Win98
non-encrypted password from client box ?

Here is my smb.conf
[global]
hosts allow = 192.0.0.
workgroup = WORKGROUP