Non-executable share

Chris Allegretta allegrcr at plattsburgh.edu
Mon Jul 19 17:46:29 GMT 1999

Hey,

	Does anyone out there know an easy way to make a Samba share not
allow programs to run from it?  Is there a way, besides simply hiding
.exe files? I know this can be enabled on NTFS partitions under NT
(bleech), but it would be nice to stop people from running programs out of
publicly writable directories.  I'm aware of why the linux ext2 execute
permissions don't handle this btw... thanks.

P.S.  I'm due to be getting a copy of Visual C++ for AXP, so if I can get
pwdump compiled I'll be sending out an Alpha binary to the list.

Chris A
- --
  Chris    | Labs/Classrooms |   Plattsburgh    | http://fast.to/astyanax
Allegretta |   Technician    | State University | http://www.linux.com
Linux gritch 2.2.9 #22 Fri May 14 18:36:25 EST 1999 i586 unknown
Linux samwise 2.2.9 #2 Fri May 14 21:00:05 EDT 1999 sparc unknown
Linux zoot 2.2.9 #5 Wed May 26 10:25:17 EST 1999 alpha unknown